Denver summers are a slog. Last year, a heatwave brought the hottest temperatures the Southwest United States has ever seen, and weather forecasters predict things won’t be cooling down in 2018. The questions surrounding how to find the right A/C contractor in this city can also make you sweat: Where do you start? What should you look for? Who can you really trust? If you’re looking for the answers to these questions, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some tips for finding an emergency A/C contractor in Denver.
Do Your Research
There are hundreds of HVAC contractors in Denver and the surrounding area, so it’s a good idea to take a little time to check out their credentials. Luckily there are a couple of great websites that can help you make the right call.
- Sites like Yelp are useful for checking the consumer ratings of HVAC contractors in your local area. You can see what other people think of them and if previous customers have lodged complaints about a company.
- The North American Technician Excellence (NATE), is a non-profit for technicians in the energy sector and helps you find NATE-certified contractors in your area with a few clicks of a mouse.
Contact the Company
Once you’ve found one or two contractors in your area, contact them to get a quote. It’s important to ask the right questions before making a decision.
Some to consider are:
- How long will emergency A/C repair take?
- How much will it cost?
- When do I need to pay?
- Why are you the best company for the job?
- Do I need to replace my entire A/C unit?
Once you’ve received all the information, making the right decision is easy.
Ask Your Family and Friends for Recommendations
You can also ask your friends and family about A/C contractors they have used in the past. The wrong contractor can mean delays and higher costs, so asking around for a recommendation is a good idea.
If someone suggests a company to you, make sure to check out their website or give them a call. First impressions can tell you a lot about a company, so make sure you receive good customer service from the very start.
Denver summers can be unbearable, especially if your A/C breaks down. Whether your unit falls victim to the heat or you’re looking to make sure it’s ready to roll before the temperature spikes, Summit Heating & A/C can help you out. We’re a NATE-certified company and have served our customers in the metropolitan Denver area for more than 20 years, earning their trust along with hundreds of five-star reviews. Click here now to speak to one of our team members–you’ll be glad you did!